Court of King's Bench Forms
Form 4E — Requisition
Form 4E is one of the forms prescribed by the Court as part of the Court of King's Bench Rules. Two versions of the form are available.
User-friendly version — in
Microsoft Word format.
The user-friendly version is based on the prescribed version and is provided by the Court as a public service. You can fill in the form on a computer and print the completed form, or you can print the form and complete it in handwriting.
When printing the form:
• use good quality printer paper, 216 mm x 279 mm (8.5" x 11"),
• print only on one side of the paper.
If you complete the form on a computer before printing it:
• do not change the format in any way,
• use double spacing between lines,
• make sure the left hand margin is about 40 mm (1 ½ inches) wide.
If you print the form and complete it in handwriting, make sure the handwriting is readable.
If the form has a cover page, you must include it.
If the form is an affidavit:
• the font must be size 14,
• the pages must be numbered,
• exhibits must be separated by numbered or lettered tabs,
• the completed form, including exhibits, must be stapled or bound so that pages and exhibits do not become loose or separated.
If your form includes a dollar amount, use a decimal point to show dollars and cents (e.g. $250.00).
Prescribed version — in WordPerfect format or PDF format.
In many cases, the prescribed version cannot be simply printed for use in court proceedings. It is usually designed as a template with instructions for creating and completing the form as required. For example, a Statement of Claim must be in Form 14A, which requires you to include the general heading in Form 4A and the covering page in Form 4C.
If you create a form based on the prescribed version, the formatting should match the formatting of the user-friendly version and you should follow the instructions provided above for the user-friendly version.
If you need legal advice, call a lawyer or Legal Aid.