Court of King's Bench Forms
Form 76E.5 — Certificate of Decision on Default — Decision of Court Officer
Form 76E.5 is one of the forms prescribed by the Court as part of the Court of King's Bench Rules.
It is available in MicroSoft Word format or PDF format.
In some cases, a prescribed form cannot be simply printed for use in court proceedings. It is usually designed as a template with instructions for creating and completing the form as required. For example, a Statement of Claim must in Form 14A, which requires you to include the general heading in Form 4A and the covering page in Form 4C.
The following guidelines apply if you are creating a form based on the prescribed form.
When printing the form:
• use good quality printer paper, 216 mm x 279 mm (8.5" x 11"),
• print only on one side of the paper.
If you are able to complete the form on a computer before printing it:
• make the format similar to the format of the prescribed form,
• use double spacing between lines,
• make sure the left hand margin is about 40 mm (1 ½ inches) wide.
If you complete the form in handwriting, make sure the handwriting is readable.
If the form requires a cover page, you must include one using Form 4C.
If the form is an affidavit:
• the font must be size 14,
• the pages must be numbered,
• exhibits must be separated by numbered or lettered tabs,
• the completed form, including exhibits, must be stapled or bound so that pages and exhibits do not become loose or separated.
If your form includes a dollar amount, use a decimal point to show dollars and cents (e.g. $250.00).
If you need legal advice, call a lawyer or Legal Aid.