The other forms are prescribed by the Court as part of the Practice Directives for Contested Applications in the Provincial Court of Manitoba.
The title is a link to the prescribed form in PDF format. The MS Word button is a link to a user-friendly version in Microsoft Word format. See the Court's guidelines for the use of these forms.
|Provincial Court (family FMA)|
|FMA1||Application for Relief||MS Word|
|FMA4||Garnishing Order (Attaching Debts)||MS Word|
|Provincial Court (criminal contested applications)|
|PC1||Notice of Application||MS Word|
|PC2||Designation of Counsel||MS Word|
|PC4||Affidavit of Service||MS Word|
|PC5||Notice of Abandonment||MS Word|
Guidelines for use of forms
The following guidelines apply to the use of these forms, whether you are using the user-friendly MS Word version or creating your own form based on the prescribed form.
When printing the form:
• use good quality printer paper, 216 mm x 279 mm (8.5" x 11"),
• print only on one side of the paper.
If you complete the form on a computer before printing it:
• if using the MS Word version, do not change the format,
• if that version is not available and you are creating your own form, make the format similar to the format of the prescribed form,
• use double spacing between lines,
• make sure the left hand margin is about 40 mm (1 ½ inches) wide.
If you complete the form in handwriting, make sure the handwriting is readable.
If the form requires a cover page, you must include it.
If the form is an affidavit:
• the font must be size 14,
• the pages must be numbered,
• exhibits must be separated by numbered or lettered tabs,
• the completed form, including exhibits, must be stapled or bound so that pages and exhibits do not become loose or separated.
If your form includes a dollar amount, use a decimal point to show dollars and cents (e.g. $250.00).
If you need legal advice, call a lawyer or Legal Aid.