Provincial Court Forms
(Family Law Act forms)
The title is a link to the prescribed form in PDF format.
The MS Word button is a link to a user-friendly version in Microsoft Word format. See the Court's guidelines for the use of these forms.
|1||Application for Relief||MS Word|
|3||Reply to Answer||MS Word|
|4||Financial Statement||MS Word|
|6||Notice of Application for Guardianship||MS Word|
|8||Garnishing Order (Attaching Debts)||MS Word|
Guidelines for use of forms
The following guidelines apply to the use of these forms, whether you are using the user-friendly MS Word version or creating your own form based on the prescribed form.
When printing the form:
- use good quality printer paper, 216 mm x 279 mm (8.5" x 11"),
- print only on one side of the paper.
If you complete the form on a computer before printing it:
- if using the MS Word version, do not change the format,
- if that version is not available and you are creating your own form, make the format similar to the format of the prescribed form,
- use double spacing between lines,
- make sure the left hand margin is about 40 mm (1 ½ inches) wide.
If you complete the form in handwriting, make sure the handwriting is readable.
If the form requires a cover page, you must include it.
If the form is an affidavit:
- the font must be size 14,
- the pages must be numbered,
- exhibits must be separated by numbered or lettered tabs,
- the completed form, including exhibits, must be stapled or bound so that pages and exhibits do not become loose or separated.
If your form includes a dollar amount, use a decimal point to show dollars and cents (e.g. $250.00).
If you need legal advice, call a lawyer or Legal Aid.