Other forms and related links
Court of King's Benchcivil (forms under KB Rules) civil (adoption) criminal small claims information Guide and Forms for Application to Set Aside/Vary/Revoke a Protection Order
Provincial Courtfamily FMA forms criminal contested applications
The first four forms are the forms prescribed as part of the Court of Appeal Rules, M.R. 555/88 R, a regulation made under The Court of Appeal Act.
The remaining seven forms are the forms prescribed as part of the Manitoba Criminal Appeal Rules, SI/92-106, a federal regulation.
The title is a link to the prescribed form in PDF format. The MS Word button is a link to a user-friendly version in Microsoft Word format. See the Court's guidelines for the use of these forms.
|Court of Appeal (Civil Cases)|
|A1||Notice of Appeal||MS Word||M.R. 177/93; 94/2003; 80/2018|
|A2||Certificate of Decision||MS Word||M.R. 177/93; 200/2009|
|C1||Notice of Intent to Exercise Language Right||MS Word||M.R. 94/2003|
|C2||Appointment for Order of Language Directions|
|Court of Appeal (Criminal Cases)|
|1||Notice of Appeal / Notice of Application for Leave to Appeal by Accused||MS Word|
|2||Notice of Appeal/Notice of Application for Leave to Appeal from Acquittal by Crown|
|3||Notice of Appeal/Notice of Application for Leave to Appeal from Sentence by Crown|
|4||Judicial Interim Release Order in the Court of Appeal|
|6||Recognizance of Surety|
|7||Direction for Release|
Guidelines for use of forms
The following guidelines apply to the use of these forms, whether you are using the user-friendly MS Word version or creating your own form based on the prescribed form.
When printing the form:
• use good quality printer paper, 216 mm x 279 mm (8.5" x 11"),
• print only on one side of the paper.
If you complete the form on a computer before printing it:
• if using the MS Word version, do not change the format,
• if that version is not available and you are creating your own form, make the format similar to the format of the prescribed form,
• use double spacing between lines,
• make sure the left hand margin is about 40 mm (1 ½ inches) wide.
If you complete the form in handwriting, make sure the handwriting is readable.
If the form requires a cover page, you must include it.
If the form is an affidavit:
• the font must be size 14,
• the pages must be numbered,
• exhibits must be separated by numbered or lettered tabs,
• the completed form, including exhibits, must be stapled or bound so that pages and exhibits do not become loose or separated.
If your form includes a dollar amount, use a decimal point to show dollars and cents (e.g. $250.00).
If you need legal advice, call a lawyer or Legal Aid.